If you were planning to come up to Mad River Glen and not have fun this weekend, then I have bad news for you: you are on the wrong train! This train is headed for such a fun-packed weekend that we will have to make stops on Thursday and Friday, so grab your bags and get onboard! This train is about to leave!
- Starting this afternoon, everyone’s favorite apres freebie is back: Free Fondue Thursday sponsored by Cabot Cheese starts in the pub at 3:30.
- Friday Free your Heel with Freeheel Friday 2 hour Tele lessons for only $45 bucks! Learn how to drop the knee, stop flailing in the bumps and tele-backwards – on purpose. MRG is THE place to learn to telemark ski!
- Friday Free your Mind with music from Mr. Mischief and a beer from our brand new addition to the beer list: The Baltic Porter from Bobcat Cafe and Brewery. Life is good.
- Saturday watch out for updrafts because it’s Skirt Day! Bonus points for skirts worn with matching accessories.
Also Saturday– The Jr. Mogul Challenge. You know how all those little kids who ski here are really good? Watch them compete over on Lower Canyon! Sign the kiddos up by clicking here. UPDATE: THE JR. MOGUL CHALLENGE HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND.
- Also also Saturday – The Starline Rhythm Boys will be twangin’ it up in the pub for your apres foot-stompin’ pleasure. I’m still trying to get them to play Johnny Cash’s Folsom Prison Blues. *hint*
- And also, also Saturday, The Stark Mountain Foundation’s Wine Olympics! This is one of the best ways you can support the organization behind protecting and preserving our awesome mountain. If you ski here and love it and want to keep it the way it is for generations to come, then put some wine where your mouth is and get your tickets right now! Then enjoy a tasting of over 20 amazing wines from 6 renowned wine countries. In addition, there be live music from the Dan Liptak Jazz Trio, a delicious array of food and some really great prizes you can win just for picking your favorite wines. And then you can feel even better about each run you take on Paradise.
- Sunday local skiin’ musicians The Gulch will be rockin’ in the pub. I like a Lawson’s when I listen to the Gulch, by the way.
- All Weekend, the MRG’s favorite professional ski bums, the Green Mountain Freeride boys will be in Crested Butte competing in the Subaru Free Skiing World Tour. We make no promises, but we hope to be able to stream the event live. Repeat: no promises! But either way, you can stream it live yourself by finding the FSWT online.
And just in case you still aren’t sure of how much fun there is to be had here at MRG, I invite you to feast your eyes on this, the latest installment in our MRGTV series, by Brent Harrewyn, and we’ll ski ya soon!!