We had an awesome time here this past weekend! We got a surprise 4 inch dump of light fluffy pow that came down fast and furious on Saturday. Then Citigrass rocked the heck out of the Pub – to no one’s surprise – on Saturday night. Check out the video below! Sunday was more General fun in the General Stark’s Pub with new Mugg holders christening their muggs and people anxiously talking about all the snow we’re supposed to get this week.
That’s right! SNOW! Josh Fox was the first to jump on the story and it looks like Mo’ Nature may finally decided to head a little further north of the cities for a change. This could be the storm we’ve been waiting for! While the skiing has been nothing shy of awesome thus far, I’m pretty sure we’d all be happy with a foot or so more!
So aside from the big snow incoming, there are a ton of fun events going on this week too! Check ‘em out:
Wednesday will be the Mad River Glen employee party in the Pub.UPDATE: Due to the incoming storm, the employee party has been postponed. I STILL can’t think of a single MRG employee who hasn’t earned their beer (or hot chocolate,) this season! You all work your butts off everyday! But we’ll have to wait a little longer to celebrate! Thanks!
- Thursday is FREE FONDUE DAY in the Pub, starting at 3:30 – Thanks to our friends at Cabot Cheese – we couldn’t FONDUE it without you!
- Saturday is chock full of fun, starting with the Unconventional Terrain Comp. The first jewel in the Triple Crown will take place on Lift Line where there are steeps and cliffs and plenty of room for some new school trickery! All you have to do is ride the Single Chair to check out this display of skiing skills.
- Also Saturday is the All About Bears Snowshoe Hike! Join our naturalists on a snowshoe tour of the mountain for signs of bears! RRRRrrrraarrr!
- Also also Saturday, we will have a Bob Marley Tribute Afternoon in the Pub with Jamaican food and drink specials and reggae music playing until 3:30 in honor of the legend himself. Break out your Rasta-flavor outfits for bonus points! Ya mon.
- Finally on Saturday, local phavorites: Phineas Gage will take the stage in the pub at 3:30. I know I always tell you how good the bands are going to be… but these guys bring an extra special energy to the place and put on a wonderful show that you really shouldn’t miss! Yeeeeeeee Haaa!
- Sunday is Superbowl Sunday! The Pittsburg Steelers v. The Green Bay Packers. The game starts at 6:30 – we will have the pregame show on the TV. Wear your team colors!
- Also Sunday is the Randonnee Rally Race! The competitors trek from Mad River Glen to Sugarbush along the Long Trail, testing their endurance, equipment and skiing skills while skinning up and skiing down some of the toughest terrain that these resorts and their surrounding mountains have to offer.
So call in sick, cancel your plans and do what you’ve gotta do to get here this weekend; you’re not going to want to miss out!